Aesthetic Dental Transformations
It’s not uncommon for patients to be dissatisfied with some aspects of their smile. Maybe they feel their teeth aren’t white enough or that a misshapen or undersized tooth undermines their smile. Perhaps crooked or missing teeth or an unsightly metal filling contributes to a smile’s unappealing aesthetics. Rest assured, though, that whatever your concerns are with your smile, a cosmetic dentist can offer you a solution that gives you the smile of your dreams.
These aesthetic dental transformations can consist of a single treatment or multiple interventions used in combination to upgrade your smile. Here are a few of the most common treatments that a cosmetic dentist can use to enhance your grin.
- Teeth whitening – Dingy, stained or yellow teeth can be a major drawback on your smile. Simple, convenient bleaching techniques can give your smile pizzazz and let you grin with confidence.
- Tooth-colored fillings – Metal fillings can be very noticeable, but replacing these older restorations with tooth-colored composites will eliminate this distraction.
- Cosmetic bonding – Small chips and cracks can be corrected with cosmetic bonding techniques that replace a small portion of missing tooth material. The substances used in bonding can be customized to match the shade of your biological teeth.
- Porcelain veneers – More significant defects, like severe cracks or deep stains, may require the entire tooth to be concealed. Porcelain shares many qualities of tooth enamel, so this material is ideal for thin shells that sit atop your biological tooth and hide unsightly blemishes.
- Porcelain crowns – Teeth that have been extensively damaged by decay or injury may require an entire tooth-shaped cap to hide the imperfection. As with veneers, these devices also are often made of porcelain, sometimes bonded to metal for additional strength.
- Dental bridges – These lifelike appliances offer an attractive, cost-effective solution to replace missing teeth.
Each patient’s case is unique and should be evaluated individually to determine which cosmetic treatments will be most appropriate to achieve the desired outcomes.
Your smile is one your most important assets, and it’s an essential for making a positive first impression. Don’t settle for anything less than a spectacular smile. Contact our office today to learn about the treatment goals that may be possible in your case.