Eliminate Tough Dental Stains with Teeth Whitening
There are many cosmetic options available for patients wishing to enhance their appearance. Teeth whitening is an economical and largely impactful treatment.
Your cosmetic dentist can provide many ideas for improving your smile; and when dental stain is present, the options for correcting aesthetics most often start with a thorough cleaning to remove plaque and topical stains. Polishing teeth and an exam by your dentist will diagnose any potential problems that may need correction before undergoing teeth whitening.
Intrinsic stains can result from medications or illness, but these marks, spots, or streaks can be lightened or eliminated with teeth whitening.
Topical dental stains originate from consuming foods like berries, tomato sauce, beets … just about anything consumed that contains food dyes or are dark can result in stains. Beverages like coffee, tea, red wine, cola … there are so many things consumed that can mar a beautiful smile. Smoking and tobacco use can also stain teeth and discolor them.
To keep teeth bright between dental visits requires a vigilant daily dental regimen that includes:
- Brushing at least twice per day with a fluoridated tooth paste or gel.
- Flossing teeth daily will stimulate gum tissue and remove food debris your toothbrush doesn’t reach particularly around the gum line and in between teeth.
- Make sure to see the dentist every six months for a cleaning and exam.
- Limit sugary snacks and beverages … this will go a long way toward keeping teeth healthy by helping to keep plaque build-up to a minimum and decay prevention.
- Substitute “healthy” sports and fruit drinks with water. Many of these beverages contain loads of sugar … switching to water will save calories and promote better health. Using a straw will help staining beverages bypass teeth.
Overall good health will help promote great dental health so doing things like daily exercise and getting sufficient rest are advantageous.
Teeth whitening obtained through your dental professional has many advantages over online purchases or obtaining a whitening kit from the corner drug store. Questions can be answered and concerns addressed by a knowledgeable and experienced dentist.
Products obtained through your dentist contain the most powerful whitening agents available meaning your whitening experience will be more successful than trying to complete this on your own.
Teeth whitening will brighten your appearance and complete your smile makeover. Contact Erickson Dental at 972-717-0077 today to schedule your appointment.